Don’t let sweets derail your low carb diet. These Low Carb Chocolate Eclairs are the perfect tasty dessert to keep you on track!
- 3 Eggs – room temperature
- 2 1/2 oz. Cream Cheese (1/2 cup + 1/8 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 oz. Whippng Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 6 squares 90% dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 355F
- Separate Eggs into two bowls
- Add the Cream Cheese to the Yolks – mix until smooth and lump free
- Add the salt and Cream of Tartar to the white and beat until stiff
- Gently fold the Yolk mix into the whites. Be very gentle and fold the mix over, you want to keep all the light fluffy air – Do not beat!!!
- Spoon or scoop gently into greased muffin pans (24 -30) – I like these ones with the rounded bottoms. Dont panic if some of the mix near the end is a bit runnier – use it anyway.
- Get them straight into the oven for 15 mins
- Turn oven down to 300F for another 15 mins
- Remove from pan (I do this by running a teaspoon around and under) then flip upside down to cool
- Beat all together until smooth, creamy and can hold its shape
- Spoon gently into a piping bag fitted with the longest nozzle you have
- Make a small slit in the side of each puff, insert piping nozzle well in, squeeze bag gently until you feel the puffs round out a bit.
- Place upside down so the nice, even shaped bottoms become the tops.
- Melt by your preferred method and dribble over the Puffs
Photo: Ted Eytan / CC BY-SA