- 1 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 8 peperoncini peppers
- Heat up a large skillet on high. Add oil to hot skillet. You want it really hot here to brown or “sear” the beef quickly.
- Take a paper towel and make sure you dry both sides of the pot roast. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the roast.
- Using tongs, flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and onion soup mixes over pot roast.
- Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and start shredding the meat. Discard any big fatty pieces.
- Then serve!