Pie Crust ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry pie filling ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 quart strawberries rinsed, stemmed, and dried
- 1 pint whipped cream for garnish
Pie Crust Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Make the crust by combining the flour, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix well and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Prick all over.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Strawberry Pie Filling Instructions
- While the crust is baking, mix the water, granulated sugar, salt, cornstarch, and food coloring in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- When the crust is cool, pile the berries in the crust and pour the thickened glaze over the top. Refrigerate until the glaze is set. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped dessert topping.