A great recipe with three of my favorites… cheese, potatoes and smoked sausage, yum!
- 3 cidaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb.
- 4 Tbs pbutter
- 4 Tbs pflour
- 2 c milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1/8 tsp paprika
How To Make Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
- 1 Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch “half moon” cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- 2 Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- 3 Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat (stir constantly)until warm, melted and smooth.
- 4 Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese and paprika evenly over the top.
- 5 Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).