1- 8 ounce brick cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
3 cups chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, mix the first four ingredients until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed. Into an 8×8 inch greased baking dish, evenly press 2 cups cookie dough.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over top and spread to edges of dish.
- Break the remaining dough into small pieces and sprinkle over top of cream cheese mixture.
- Lower oven heat to 325° and bake bars for 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out (almost) clean.
- Let cool completely out on the counter before cutting into 16 equal pieces.
- Chilling in the refrigerater for one hour before removing cut bars prevents breakage.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if any!)