This cheesy smoked sausage and potato casserole is packed with flavor. It’s easy to make and oh so good.
SERVES: 4-6 / PREP TIME: 30 Min / COOK TIME: 35 Min
- 3 cpotatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed
- 1 lbskinless smoked sausage
- 4 Tbspbutter
- 4 Tbspflour
- 2 cmilk
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/4 tsppepper
- 1/8 tsppaprika
- 1/2 lbvelveeta cheese cubed
- 1/2 cshreded cheddar cheese
How To Make
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2″ pieces. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (stir constantly.)
Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat.
- Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).